About Me

My photo
Paul. Christian. Loves God. Cherishes friendship. Enjoys being single. Plays Dota. Collects Gundams.

Friday, January 23, 2009

To The Land Down Under!

After weeks and weeks of prayer, thinking and struggling with my human desires not to leave my family, friends and church behind, I have decided to submit to God's unavoidable call and plan and to go and study in Australia!

Thus, the packing begun. I packed right up until the last hour. It was like packing my whole life away into two bags. How I wish I could throw all my friends inside too.My Gundam army
I had the most fun packing all the Gundams into 3 normal boxes and 1 big long box. I taped them onto the box and as for the long box, i used sponge and layed them layer upon layer.

My mum came with me and my dad, my Ah Mah and Tze Leet was there to send us off. Cousin Daniel and my uncle could not make it to send me off due to the horrible jam.

We flew Air Asia X from the LCCT. My dad kept up his usual tradition of scolding the crap out of the people at the check in counter. This time it was about passports.

The flight was 8 hours. We flew during the night so we could just sleep through the flight. Or so i thought. There was a baby behind us and it could not stop crying the whole flight!! I was tired, irritated and lacked sleep.

We landed in the Woolongatta Airport in Brisbane. The first thing I noticed is the Aussie slang! The first thing the fellow at the immigration said was G'Day mate!. Due to his strong slag, I thought he told me to Go Die Mate.

At the customs, this happened:

Officer: So what do you have in this colorful box?
Me: Gundams
Officer: What? You brought guns? Securi....
Me: Wait. wait wait! NoNo. Plastic toy models.

After the airport, it was an insanely expensive taxi ride to Robina Street trains station. We took the train to Roma Street. It was a 45 minutes ride. Again. I could not sleep because of crying babies.

Then we went to speak to the Head of Senior School of BBC, Dr.Peter Britton. No he aint from Britain. BBC stands for Brisbane Boy's College. Don't worry. I will not turn gay. Then we went for a tour of the college and it is MUCH MUCH bigger than SMKSU. It makes SU look like termites!

I was surprised that it was a Christian-based school. It was Methodist and Presby. There is even a Chapel in the school. There is a compulsory subject called Christian Education. A MUCH better subject than some cheapo subject called Pendidikan Moral!
The Chapel

1 comment:

Christopher Sam said...

Hahaha...lov ethe Gundam part...